Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grizzly Men

I've heard of a playoff beard - but here's a new twist: "Conference Beard". That's what the Dickinson State Men's Basketball Team are calling it -- and get this: Ever since the beards have been growing, DSU hasn't lost a game.

The Blue Hawks are 6-0 in 2009 and are alone at the top of the DAC with a 7-0 record.

But neither I nor the players call it "the luck of the beard." But luck or not, that natural growth sure gives you a determined and don't mess with me look, when 5 guys step onto the paint with some serious facial hair.

All in all - I believe Senior Mark Versen has the best beard of them all. From the press report it seems he’s not touching his new facial hair as long as the team keeps winning.

Now if only the Memphis Grizzlies got some guys to do that -- I'd think they'd do much better.

Click here to read the full story.

No comments: